Anxiety and Pain Management
Our first concern is your comfort and safety. Your treatment may include local anesthesia, nitrous oxide or IV anesthesia, depending on your individual needs. State of the art equipment in a comfortable out-patient setting makes it possible to perform complex surgery with minimal anxiety and little or no discomfort.
Dr. Saxe and our trained staff will make every effort to meet your individual needs through your consultation, treatment and recovery.
Before Intravenous Anesthesia or Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. For morning surgery, No food or liquids after midnight the night before surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Saxe prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Women please note: Some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of your birth control pills. Please check with your gynecologist and pharmacist.
Following the completion of your surgery, Dr. Saxe and staff will attend to your individual needs in a private room. During this time, you may wish to have a friend or relative in your company. Most patients or relative in your company. Most patients are discharged within 30 minutes of surgery , however you will not be sent home until we have determined that you have recovered sufficiently from any anesthetic given.
You will receive detailed home care instructions both verbally and in writing. Appropriate prescriptions including antibiotics and pain medications will be provided.
Our responsibility continues after you leave the office. Should the need arise, Dr. Saxe can be reached 24 hours a day. We will continue to see you regularly until your recovery is total and complete. Long term follow-up is provided for patients as required.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact the office of Dr. Steven A. Saxe, D.M.D. in Las Vegas, NV via email or call (702)258-0085